5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best place to buy tires? Keeping stock rims, need tires only.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where can I get the best deal on some larger tires for my Ram? I’m thinking 295/55/20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers and putting them on my stock rims. Is tire rack the best? A brick and mortar chain? Any suggestions are welcomed.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Discount Tire is an online and a brick and mortar store. They will also match any price out there. I have bought 2 different sets from them. The recent holiday they price matched tires and wheels plus I got an additional 10% off for a holiday sale.

Last edited:

wahudiditagain

Reaction score
I will add another vote to Discount Tire. They will also usually buy the take-offs if you ask them. You may not get as much for them as selling them yourself but you don't have the hassle of taking them home, storing them until they sell, etc.

Vanguard27

Reaction score
I used Simple tire, and had costco put them on for me, they had the best deals out of anywhere I looked

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discount Tire is an online and a brick and mortar store. They will also match any price out there. I have bought 2 different sets from them, The recent holiday they price matched tires and wheels plus I got and additional 10% off for a holiday sale.

I didn’t even think of the holiday, probably wasn’t ready to pull the trigger size wise yet anyway. I’ll wait for 4th of July and see if they do something for that.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will add another vote to Discount Tire. They will also usually buy the take-offs if you ask them. You may not get as much for them as selling them yourself but you don't have the hassle of taking them home, storing them until they sell, etc.

Good to know! I don’t need my stockers and don’t feel like dealing with craigslist.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Discount Tire is an online and a brick and mortar store. They will also match any price out there. I have bought 2 different sets from them, The recent holiday they price matched tires and wheels plus I got and additional 10% off for a holiday sale.

Where did you price match from? I want to fond the best price to get them to match and go for it.

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Costco. Free rotation and balancing for the life of the tire and nitrogen refills and roadside assistance. Tirerack.com is a good one too, I have used them, they will ship the tires to a local installer who can put it on or to you.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Where did you price match from? I want to fond the best price to get them to match and go for it.
Custom Offsets, part of my discount was combining a tire and wheel purchase. I just printed it off and took it into the store. With my rebate and holiday sale I was able to get road hazard and installation basically for free.

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Costco. Free rotation and balancing for the life of the tire and nitrogen refills and roadside assistance. Tirerack.com is a good one too, I have used them, they will ship the tires to a local installer who can put it on or to you.

Costco told me they will only install original size tires, they will not install larger than what they take off. I asked 3 different locations.

Atretes1

Reaction score
Costco told me they will only install original size tires, they will not install larger than what they take off. I asked 3 different locations.
Discount Tire should take care of you. They even test fit one for me before doing the full install when I made it known that I was pushing the limits on tire size.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
That’s true. Explore tirerack
Yes, it takes the stores (Like Discount) that sell custom rims and such to be willing to do that. Costco is just following corporate protocols for liability.
I have had one problem with Discount, as well as other car care places (Firestone), they won't fill tires to more than the pressure on the door placard as opposed to say the max sidewall rating. If you don't have a good portable 110 compressor pump sometimes its hard to get the 4 tires aired up high enough. The cheap 12v ones usually give up after 1 or maybe 2 tires.

Billy James

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another for Discount Tire here. I have bought tires from many different places over the years; Discount tire has been the best. They seem to have some of the best pricing as well.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Another vote for Discount Tire. I've been using them for 10+ years for my vehicles (myself and wife). They have always taken great care of me. I recently purchased my 19' Bighorn and swapped the tires in the first week (took advantage of the Memorial Day 10% sale). I took my tires back with me and sold them on Facebook Messenger locally.

If you get the Discount Tire card you typically can save another $50 which can be stacked with any promo and it offers 0% interest for 12 months. If that's your thing.

HTXRam

Reaction score
Another vote for Dicount Tire. No hassle price match, selection, and lots of locations to back up tire warranties and maintenance.

J4U

Reaction score
Discount Tire all the way. Costco was my first choice until they messed up the wheels on my last truck and didn't take ownership of their mistake.

I've taken all vehicles in my family to discount tire since and there is no issue with price matching.

I've taken my RAM there twice now for rotate and balance. They haven't charged me a dime. Just come see us when you want new tires is all I get when asking to pay for the service.

SirRobbin

Reaction score
Discount sure seems popular :D.

I've had good experiences shopping at tire rack.

Users who are viewing this thread