5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Larimie 1500 test drive

woolfski

Reaction score
Test drove a used 2019 Larimie 1500 yesterday and very impressed with the quality. They made me an offer of 41,287.00 plus TTT. Is this a good deal? Particulars 2019 1500 4X4 crew cab loaded out except for adaptive cruise and has the 3.92 rear axle and has less then 7,000 miles on the clock.. Appreciate your comments.

AndreiV

Reaction score
Test drove a used 2019 Larimie 1500 yesterday and very impressed with the quality. They made me an offer of 41,287.00 plus TTT. Is this a good deal? Particulars 2019 1500 4X4 crew cab loaded out except for adaptive cruise and has the 3.92 rear axle and has less then 7,000 miles on the clock.. Appreciate your comments.
Download myCARFAX app and add VIN of this track. It will display $$ value for reference but most important it might display truck service history.

woolfski

Reaction score
Original MSRP is 55,000. Truck is a local trade but hasn't had the first oil change yet, according to the carfax..

jastevenson

Reaction score
I’d say it’s an average deal. If you bought it new and qualify for an average number of rebates, I think you could expect to pay 45k so up to you if the 2.5k is worth owning used.

I probably wouldnt take that deal unless it is a relatively recent build date to avoid all the issues the early builds had and get the better crash test scores. Maybe you can negotiate with then further?

XDBrad

Reaction score
I bought mine for $44,500 out the door. No trade, no cash down. I’m thinking you can get a zero mile truck for a few thousand more. Unfortunately there are some trucks that have been plagued by issues, luckily mine isn’t one of them. A question you need to ask is if it’s worth rolling the dice on this trade in or buy a new one? Either one could have issues but I’d have a hard time talking myself out of the thought that this truck was traded for a reason other than problems. And the dealer... of course they will say “oh no, no problems here. This truck was bought by a little old lady and was only traded because she didn’t need it anymore”.

woolfski

Reaction score
I’d say it’s an average deal. If you bought it new and qualify for an average number of rebates, I think you could expect to pay 45k so up to you if the 2.5k is worth owning used.

I probably wouldnt take that deal unless it is a relatively recent build date to avoid all the issues the early builds had and get the better crash test scores. Maybe you can negotiate with then further?
Didn't realize the 1500's had rebates. Can you expand on the rebates for me?

SCasey89

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hopefully this link works, but if you put your zip code in, it should list the current rebates by model. For example, for my zip code, Laramie's are currently at $4,200 in rebates (I'm in California and there are a couple of California rebates listed in there, but I'm sure other states have the same).

Typically, the lower trims have higher rebates. The Big Horns currently have $6,000 in rebates. Rebel, Laramie Longhorn, and Limited are at $2,000 in rebates.

Hope this helps!

mvfjet

Reaction score
I'm getting my 2019 Crew cab Laramie 4x4 5.7l MSRP of $49430 for $36730 after rebates and $9500 dealer discount. After TTL it'll come to $41,300. For a used truck I think you can do better.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

woolfski

Reaction score
I'm getting my 2019 Crew cab Laramie 4x4 5.7l MSRP of $49430 for $36730 after rebates and $9500 dealer discount. After TTL it'll come to $41,300. For a used truck I think you can do better.

Smoking hot deal.

U

User_3336

the absolute best way to get ALL THE REBATES YOU QUALIFY for is to simply ask the dealer to print you an incentive sheet. Rebates can be confusing, and sometimes regional/zip code specific. I ended up getting $2500 more than was on the ramtrucks.com website. Watch out for the the "credit" rebates some dealers have thrown in there.

U

User_3336

Not sure how the dealer is giving out a $9500 *DEALER* discount on that MSRP. that is substantially below invoice, even taking holdback into consideration. that would only leave $3200 in manufacturer rebates.

ADJS

Reaction score

$9500 dealer discount?!

Where abouts are you from?

My dealer would only give me a $3700 discount and would only budge another thousand for a $54K Laramie.

ADJS

Reaction score
Shop around a little. Here's an example.

RAM LARAMIE
Thats the thing that frustrates me. There are plenty of examples like that.

Show up to that dealer and they will tell you, "we have to have deals like that online because others do, sorry, it doesn't mean we will discount it that much or that you qualify for that discount." My area is just horrible I guess.

U

User_3336

Here's the problem when dealers advertise crazy deals like this. You will *almost never* walk out with a truck at that price. There are always tons of "conditional rebates" for which one will NOT qualify for, and even some that are not compatible, or even cant be combined.

Even look at this dealers fine print... KEY WORDS... "COULD QUALIFY FOR".... More than likely these are included in that $13,348 discount. The select inventory rebate is only applicable is FCA has "tagged" that vehicle (certain percentage of oldest inventory)....Finance rebates are almost always included in a big discount (dealer here even combines the regular ccap rebate with a sub prime credit rebate (score under 620)...... These aren't even compatible.
$1000 conquest rebate is only if you own or are trading a non-fca vehicle.

So let me tell you, friends, get a dealer with a discount like that to break it down rebate by rebate....You might find they won't and YOUR price will be a lot more than the "internet price".

You could qualify for even more incentives, please call dealer for details. Price includes Laura Discount, $800 Select Inventory Bonus Cash, $1700 Midwest BC Consumer Cash, $1000 MW Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash, $500 Chrysler Capital Bonus Cash, $500 Midwest Bonus Cash and $1000 Truck Owner Conquest Bonus Cash
Shop around a little. Here's an example.

RAM LARAMIE

mvfjet

Reaction score
Not sure how the dealer is giving out a $9500 *DEALER* discount on that MSRP. that is substantially below invoice, even taking holdback into consideration. that would only leave $3200 in manufacturer rebates.
Invoice is a fake number made up by the manufacturers to pay the dealer's sales staff less commission per sale so that the dealer makes more money. Most salesman make their money on bonuses by volume. My sales guy sold 27 cars in April. They're moving metal.

I attached a screenshot of their deals. I got lucky that my truck is a brand new build from April 20th and they gave the same discount. The 9 Laramie Crew Cabs that they have left were built nearly a year ago. The price was 100% legit. Hoblit CDJR in Woodland CA. I'll post a picture of the contracts finals price when I can.
2ae7c866c67e27477fa4b795922e4494.jpg

mvfjet

Reaction score
$9500 dealer discount?!

Where abouts are you from?

My dealer would only give me a $3700 discount and would only budge another thousand for a $54K Laramie.
I remember a long time ago someone told me start at 20% off MSRP on a new truck because the profit margin is there.

Users who are viewing this thread