5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Got level, wheels & tires on : ) The top pic is our NEW 2019 (4x4 NAV Pano 3.92 and a slew of upgrades that we traded for the 2019 4x2 below it, and below that is my 2019 : ) (On the 4x4, went with a more aggressive tire & all black wheel this time to compliment the sport pkg... so glad to see all that chrome go bye - bye lol ; )

(Here's mine...Didn't do "NUTHIN' today to her" but love her to bits, as i do everyday...lol)

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got level, wheels & tires on : ) The top pic is our NEW 2019 (4x4 NAV Pano 3.92 and a slew of upgrades that we traded for the 2019 4x2 below it, and below that is my 2019 : ) (On the 4x4, went with a more aggressive tire & all black wheel this time to compliment the sport pkg... so glad to see all that chrome go bye - bye lol ; )

View attachment 25045

View attachment 25044

(Here's mine...Didn't do "NUTHIN' today to her" but love her to bits, as i do everyday...lol)

View attachment 25041

Give us the details on the level and tires. Looks great!

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Thank you much. I'll make that a little project for me to remove the cable out of site. I just really hate it.
How much was the bypass cable? Now that it's all already installed, is it easy to add that so I can use the OBD port for something else?

If you remove 2 bolts, the panel under the steering wheel pops off. This will give you easy access to the factory OBD-II mounting spot. I removed the factory OBD-II from it's mount, rerouted the cables and reattached it up out of the way under the dash. I then did some plastic trimming to both the bypass OBD-II unit and factory mount location to mount the bypass unit.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Give us the details on the level and tires. Looks great!

Max Trac 3 inch and we had it done at the OFF ROAD shop THIS time cuz last time we kept having vibration issues and needed spacers, but this time "no spacers, no vibration" : ) Off Rd liked it so much he posted it to their Facebook Page : )

Wheels are Fuel Coupler, & tires are Faulkner but i am not 100% sure about size, i can wake him and ask, but then y'all would never see me again....lol

Attachments

• troys 4x4 2019.png
    troys 4x4 2019.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
Just a simple change today, powder coated my lug nuts to match factory matte black wheels, and flipped the tires around to blackwalls. I think I finally decided to just do a level. Readylift 2 inch level w/ UCA's. I have a manufacturer service plan on wheels and tires so I think i'm gonna keep them factory until the tires wear out. It was free so might as well take advantage of it. When that's over with, I'll go with a 4" lift which I expect to have a lot more options available when that time comes. Oh, I almost fotgot. Also did applied Nu Finish yesterday and it seems to sheet water really well.
25176 25177

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Picked up Diamondback HD cover from FedEx Freight. Guy loaded it right into the bed and off I went. Install took me little over an hour because I did it myself and I'm short. A second person would make it easier. No drilling. Fit perfectly first try. For those that don't know about this top: both panels lock. it makes bed waterproof. it will hold 1600 lbs on top. you can add mounts to it like racks and a RTT. its double coated with Line-X that has UV coat. I've seem interior mods where folks add brackets to hold shovels, axes, hi-lift jacks etc... Its rock solid. Gas shocks make opening easy. And the panels are easily removed - one or both. And if you need to take the whole thing off - Two people would make the whole take off less than 10 min job - unscrewing the clamp nuts would take most time. Up next: Will add Mopar Cargo bed divider this weekend. The top and internal stainless steel locking bars or clamps don't interfere with the cargo rails. Then Frontrunner rack tracks, mounts and rack followed by RTT.
Update: I love my Diamondback HD Cover. Thing can hold 1600 lbs on top. One thing I don't love it how its secured to the truck. They use 4 aluminum clamps that could break and/or the threads can shear. More likely and what happened to me is the clamps can wiggle loose because the whole top is rimmed with a rubber gasket which lets the top bounce up and down and sideways just enough and the top can flex a wee bit enough to allow the clamps to loosen. So to address the issue and make the top is still removable with a wrench in 10 mins, rock solid and cannot wiggle free. I had a local auto body shop bolt the center section to the bed rails. Took less than 4 hours (mostly measuring and test fitting time) and $200 bucks and its done. The bolts hide under the rail so they can't get bumped by anything in the bed (or me) and you can't see them. They also now allow me to install the Mopar Bed Divider kit because the clamps prevented install. And if I ever take the top off all the way for period of time I can just insert 4 plug caps to cover the holes on top of the plastic bed rail cover. They rust proofed the drilled holes, hardware and steel flat bar sandwich I put in and I can re-rust proof later if needed. I'll take some pics tonight. Here's the design I gave to the shop. . The rubber gasket is awesome and have had ZERO leaks though rain storms and car washes. Peace of mind now.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 4.37.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-05-15 at 4.37.18 PM.png
    308.2 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:

gatesb77

Reaction score
How much? Let me know how it does when that rain comes back.

Rained most Sunday through Monday and was still raining Wednesday morning. Went through the touchless car wash today. Was hard to get a shot because of the light but bed was mostly dry except for a spot my the driver side wheel hump and possibly near the other wheel hump as well. Overall really happy with it especially after going through the car wash.
763e0984de09d21153c92ede0193d70e.jpg
d20f89a9e13d349909cac54b29555ab4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ram1984

Reaction score
It was protected pretty good,,,only 1 spot that box ripped,,and the 3 bolts and 1 nut were loose inside box

Rampat

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Must be nice to get bubble wrap. Mine had brown paper and was hanging out of its box through a fairly large hole. The shippers really seem to hate that bed step for being so heavy.

I was thinking the same thing. Mine was shipped to the dealer and when he brought it up he was embarrassed. Box was half torn open and everything.

Psimpson

Reaction score
I got an AMP Research step after the dealer wanted around $600 for the Mopar step. Is that in the ballpark? I paid a little over $200 for mine

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mopar is around $275 depending where you get it.
Is there much difference between the 2? Would the Amp Research clear the Magnaflow cat back system better as I understand the Mopar one interferes with the big exhaust tips. Does one seem sturdier built than the other?

Last edited:

Tommym

Reaction score
I got an AMP Research step after the dealer wanted around $600 for the Mopar step. Is that in the ballpark? I paid a little over $200 for mine
Does AMP make a bumper step yet? They do make a side bed step.

Mighty Snowpants

Reaction score
Must be nice to get bubble wrap. Mine had brown paper and was hanging out of its box through a fairly large hole. The shippers really seem to hate that bed step for being so heavy.

Mine too. It looked like it had been thru a tumbler by the time it got to me. But the actual unit was fine.

Love2driveRAM19

Reaction score
Came home from the beach to find the white/blue box at front door!!!!

Can we say Hell--to--the---wig!!! Hellwig rear sway bar.

Also finally added the OEM side steps...big difference for my back and legs getting in/out!!!

Attachments

• 20190512_144541 ext.jpg
    20190512_144541 ext.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 20190516_125619.jpg
    20190516_125619.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 139
  • 20190516_125627.jpg
    20190516_125627.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 143
  • Inked20190511_132403-111_LI.jpg
    Inked20190511_132403-111_LI.jpg