5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

NordicNevs

Reaction score
9f1f7e08506898dc4229078e51a9aca7.jpg

Did a little stance double take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
What is that? What does it do?
It is similar to the pedal commander. Reduces lag in throttle response with the drive by wire system. Has several settings to find what you like best. I did install today but it was raining so hard to judge today. In sport mode it kept breaking the back tires free.

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
Curious...why did you not get the Pedal Commander?
Chose the sprint booster as I have used the product in the past. I know the company that sells it up here in Canada and got a really good price. Also two week trial if I don’t like it I can return it. What are your thoughts. Don’t really know much about the pedal commander.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Chose the sprint booster as I have used the product in the past. I know the company that sells it up here in Canada and got a really good price. Also two week trial if I don’t like it I can return it. What are your thoughts. Don’t really know much about the pedal commander.
I have a sprint booster on my 12 ram 6.7 and I am happy with it. I think the sprint’s controller looks way better than the pedal commanders. Where did you get yours if you don’t mind. Thx

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score

Just Google Pedal Commander. Everyone that has one loves it and there have been three Forum Group Buys already based on its popularity so I am very surprised you never heard of it if your use read this forum. I, personally, don't care about looks as mine is out of sight anyway.

Saskatchewman

Reaction score
I have a sprint booster on my 12 ram 6.7 and I am happy with it. I think the sprint’s controller looks way better than the pedal commanders. Where did you get yours if you don’t mind. Thx
I purchased mine from JRP motor sports in Mississauga Ontario. They also sell Sonax detailing products that are pretty awesome.

Tommym

Reaction score
Added the AMP Research Power Step Override Switch and mounted it below the pedal adjustment controls. Since the AMP Power Steps use the existing OBD-II plug I also added and mounted the AMP OBD-II Pass Thru Harness.

IMG_2199.jpg IMG_2191.jpg

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Added the AMP Research Power Step Override Switch and mounted it below the pedal adjustment controls. Since the AMP Power Steps use the existing OBD-II plug I also added and mounted the AMP OBD-II Pass Thru Harness.

View attachment 25019 View attachment 25020

Can you take a few other pictures? I also have the AMP powersteps, but I can see the cable coming through from the OBD-II plug. The cable is ***-backwards where it sticks out towards the driver, it's not bad... but still noticeable. Being a tech junkie that routes all my cables perfectly, it's a sore eye.

Does the harness go behind there and allows a 2nd OBD-II plug as if it's not there? If so, how hard is that to install? I had 4WP do my steps because it was free installation.

Tommym

Reaction score
Deriggs007 - not being a tech junkie, I'm not sure what you mean nor am I worried about about being backwards. The harness is plug and play. One end goes into your existing OBD-II which I tucked under the dash and the other to the AMP Steps which is also tucked away under the dash. That leaves you an OBD-II to mount how you want. Since it is also under the dash, you only see it if you look under the dash. Here is a picture of the of it without and with a scanner cable attached.

IMG_2201.jpg IMG_2200.jpg

Deriggs007

Reaction score
Deriggs007 - not being a tech junkie, I'm not sure what you mean nor am I worried about about being backwards. The harness is plug and play. One end goes into your existing OBD-II which I tucked under the dash and the other to the AMP Steps which is also tucked away under the dash. That leaves you an OBD-II to mount how you want. Since it is also under the dash, you only see it if you look under the dash. Here is a picture of the of it without and with a scanner cable attached.

View attachment 25022 View attachment 25023
What I’m saying is that on your pics you can’t see the amp harness plugged into the obd port

On mine it’s noticeable and the cable sticks out towards the driver

I’m hoping what you have cleans up the eye site of the default way these were connected

Here’s a pic of mine

Attachments

• 241A72D2-51AC-4CDD-A6AF-C41DB69B0037.jpeg
    241A72D2-51AC-4CDD-A6AF-C41DB69B0037.jpeg
    148.3 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:

Tommym

Reaction score
What I’m saying is that on your pics you can’t see the amp harness plugged into the obd port

On mine it’s noticeable and the cable sticks out towards the driver

I’m hoping what you have cleans up the eye site of the default way these were connected

Here’s a pic of mine
If you remove 2 bolts, the panel under the steering wheel pops off. This will give you easy access to the factory OBD-II mounting spot. I removed the factory OBD-II from it's mount, rerouted the cables and reattached it up out of the way under the dash. I then did some plastic trimming to both the bypass OBD-II unit and factory mount location to mount the bypass unit.

Users who are viewing this thread