5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console or bench seat

niko

Reaction score
Opinions?

I went with the bench seat for functionality reasons but I really do like the way the center console looks. What does everyone else think?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1st ram had the bench seat. 2nd ram had the console. my 3rd ram (19 ram) i got the console again. I love it and I feel it has more storage and its more luxury like but thats just me. I think the bench seat looks "cheap" but once again thats just me and the bench seat might be more practical for others.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I also only wanted leather and I dont think you can order the bench seat in leather.

Mopar21222

Reaction score
For you gentlemen with the Bench, is the fold-down arm rest comfortable enough and how about the drink holder location? There are a bunch of Early-build Laramies with Bench that are screaming deals. They don't have Level 1 or 2 packages, so no BLIS or ParkSense, Sunroom, Big Tank etc, but if one can live without those, you can save like $3-4K, so I'm pretty tempted to go that route, especially since they are already on the lots.

My last 2 Rams have been center console, but the one before wasn't and I recall that it was OK.

alow

Reaction score
I really like the fold down seat arm rest. Very comfortable still a metric ton of storage and the cup holders are in a great place. And you have a seat if a 6th person needs a ride.

alow

Reaction score
Heres the bench layout to give you an idea of where everything sits. Super comfortable.

Attachments

• IMG_20180714_132606.jpg
    IMG_20180714_132606.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 172

alow

Reaction score
Yep theres a USB with a cord run/holder in the top flap. Your phone sits behind the cupholders in the cut out there.

alow

Reaction score
I dont think so? I dont have wireless charging for my phone so I havent looked into it. I'll take a peek tomorrow.

Mopar21222

Reaction score
Thank you alow, very nice setup. Does the middle seat cushion flip-up with storage underneath?

Users who are viewing this thread