5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Time Ram Owner

573nny

Reaction score
Just a short intro. After a life-time of Toyotas, the '19 Ram 1500 swayed me away from brand loyalty. Great ride, and a beautiful truck.

Unfortunately, after 2000 miles, the brakes are squealing so badly, and three trips to the dealer where they refuse to acknowledge the problem. A co-worker sent me to this forum on the issue.

Thanks!

-Erik

Rupbre

Reaction score
You will find many here to help with the problems. Welcome

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to heAR after switching from a brand you get something so annoying and seamingly simple as brake squeal. Hope you can get some info here and educate your dealer and get your truck fixed.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome!

As for the brake squeal you could try this and see if it helps:

Breaking-in your rotors is essential after every installation of new pads or rotors, please follow the steps below
  • STEP 1: Find a safe place to execute the break-in procedure for your vehicle.
  • STEP 2: Perform 5 moderate or aggressive stops at 5MPH/10km to 40MPH/60km without allowing the brakes to cool down or coming to a complete stop.
  • STEP 3: Perform 5 moderate stops at 5MPH/10km to 25MPH/40km and allow the rotors cool down after each application.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome!

As for the brake squeal you could try this and see if it helps:

Breaking-in your rotors is essential after every installation of new pads or rotors, please follow the steps below
  • STEP 1: Find a safe place to execute the break-in procedure for your vehicle.
  • STEP 2: Perform 5 moderate or aggressive stops at 5MPH/10km to 40MPH/60km without allowing the brakes to cool down or coming to a complete stop.
  • STEP 3: Perform 5 moderate stops at 5MPH/10km to 25MPH/40km and allow the rotors cool down after each application.

Always thought those speeds need to be reversed cause how to you aggressively brake and gain speed.:ROFLMAO::)

573nny

Reaction score
I'll try both bedding methods once I get the rotors scrubbed. Up... and down again.

Can't end up worse than it is now! :D

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'll try both bedding methods once I get the rotors scrubbed. Up... and down again.

Can't end up worse than it is now! :D
Thanks and please report back whether it was effective, there are others with the same problem.

Users who are viewing this thread