5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep power outlets on?

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tried doing some research but didn't have much luck. Maybe one of you can help. I know on the 4th gens there was a simple fuse swap to keep the power outlets/cigarette lighter on. Does the same apply to these 5th? Anyone know the procedure? The "fast" charger USB Type-C port doesn't do no where near of a good job as my original Samsung fast charger and those are the only ones that provide power when the truck is off :(

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Move fuse F54 to the battery fed position. As I have stated before, I have no clue what is powered by this fuse.

DMXS

Reaction score
The regular USB ports keep power when the truck is off and charge my Samsung similar to the wall charger.

wwalljr

Reaction score
The regular USB ports keep power when the truck is off and charge my Samsung similar to the wall charger.
This correct, but I think it is only if equipped, but could be wrong on that specifically. USB’s stay on for 1 hour after shut down. I believe it’s called Power Accessory Delay. It is handy.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This correct, but I think it is only if equipped, but could be wrong on that specifically. USB’s stay on for 1 hour after shut down. I believe it’s called Power Accessory Delay. It is handy.

There’s a delay but it’s not an hour, on mine it’s a few minutes. Not sure if it’s configurable but I haven’t seen anywhere that it is.

wwalljr

Reaction score
There’s a delay but it’s not an hour, on mine it’s a few minutes. Not sure if it’s configurable but I haven’t seen anywhere that it is.
Hey Patsy, it’s actually called Smart Charge. It works for me. I finally found the UC video I watched a while ago:

Not sure if this helps OP or not, seems like this piece works for them. Cheers.

Last edited:

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey Patsy, it’s actually called Smart Charge. It works for me. I finally found the UC video I watched a while ago:

Not sure if this helps OP or not, seems like this piece works for them. Cheers.

Wow that would be great if it’s on our uconnect. I know mine doesn’t stay on for an hour but maybe it’s shut down if a door is opened? I have to go test it. My truck is actually at the dealer getting the usb hub replaced because my CarPlay was very glitchy and my USB ports were as well, lots of random disconnects. So maybe this will work for me now? They’ve also had my truck for a week without so much as a phone call. WTH. They were also checking my front/rear parking sensors and rear brake assist though which were also glitching a lot.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My fuse box looks nothing like this and I dont even have a page 124 in my Manual to my Rebel :(
I am quoting out of the full manual, available in pdf format on the ram site or available in paper form by request.

Internal Power Distribution Center
The Power Distribution Center is located under the drivers
side instrument panel. This center contains cartridge fuses,
micro fuses, relays, and circuit breakers. A description of
each fuse and component may be stamped on the inside
cover, otherwise the cavity number of each fuse is stamped
on the inside cover that corresponds to the following chart

wwalljr

Reaction score
Wow that would be great if it’s on our uconnect. I know mine doesn’t stay on for an hour but maybe it’s shut down if a door is opened? I have to go test it. My truck is actually at the dealer getting the usb hub replaced because my CarPlay was very glitchy and my USB ports were as well, lots of random disconnects. So maybe this will work for me now? They’ve also had my truck for a week without so much as a phone call. WTH. They were also checking my front/rear parking sensors and rear brake assist though which were also glitching a lot.
Hope things work out with the new hub. I don’t use feature often but it is pretty handy when I do need it.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That little thing that comes with the truck, sucks. That actual manual is 692 pages

Users who are viewing this thread