5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pressure washers?

kittyjo

Reaction score
What is a good pressure washer to get and what’s the max psi u can get without damaging ur truck?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’d suggest researching this on YouTube. Lots of reviews and you can see how they actually perform. Most are going to steer you towards an electric power washer in the 1750 range that you can get at HD, Lowe’s and Harbor freight for about $100. You’ll want a foam cannon as well, if you get a harbor freight pressure washer, you’ll need a new wand that can be obtained on Amazon when you purchase the foam cannon.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you're a Costco member, I see they have some electric and gas ones. Personally given how awesome the return and warranty is there, I'd not hesitate to try one out. I might replace my electric Briggs this year.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Get this:

I have a full size gas Ryobi, and this one little guy which I bought to do my fence last summer (I did not want to aggravate my neighbors for hours on end, cleaning 200’ of 8’ tall fence).
It’s under a hundred bucks and perfect for washing vehicles. The electric feature is awesome, super quiet and turns the pump on demand. Very lightweight too.

Before this I used my gas powered one for everything. Now I just use it to do my very large driveway with the deck attachment. For everything else, the electric is my go to.

The only caveat is that you will not be able to run a car wash foaming gun if you’re into that (I have one but seldom use it...).

Tip: Get the pump saver solution, and use it after every use. A bottle goes a long way and they run around $10.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,

kittyjo

Reaction score
If you're a Costco member, I see they have some electric and gas ones. Personally given how awesome the return and warranty is there, I'd not hesitate to try one out. I might replace my electric Briggs this year.
I am a member and looking one to remove sand when done surf fishing and boat in the near future..

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score

XDBrad

Reaction score

I purchased the Yamaha 3100 psi model today. Like wildh24 said, Costco has an awesome return policy if it turns out to be a turd. Regardless, I won’t be using high pressure on the paint as I tend to like the paint on my truck...

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I second the pump saver. Use it before storage in the winter as well. Frozen water in a pressure washer is the end of it.

Jtc411

Reaction score
Get this:

I have a full size gas Ryobi, and this one little guy which I bought to do my fence last summer (I did not want to aggravate my neighbors for hours on end, cleaning 200’ of 8’ tall fence).
It’s under a hundred bucks and perfect for washing vehicles. The electric feature is awesome, super quiet and turns the pump on demand. Very lightweight too.

Before this I used my gas powered one for everything. Now I just use it to do my very large driveway with the deck attachment. For everything else, the electric is my go to.

The only caveat is that you will not be able to run a car wash foaming gun if you’re into that (I have one but seldom use it...).

Tip: Get the pump saver solution, and use it after every use. A bottle goes a long way and they run around $10.

Feel free to ask any questions.

Cheers,

+1 for this. The psi is perfect for mild jobs.

However there is a foam gun attachment for it unless I’m misunderstanding you. I have this attachment

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
I bought a 3100 psi Generac because I got an awesome deal at work. Works great but you could use something a lot cheaper if you’re just washing the truck with it. 3100psi is way overkill

Blvckr3bel

Reaction score
What is a good pressure washer to get and what’s the max psi u can get without damaging ur truck?
As far as damage goes it’s about how close you get. Mine is 3100 psi and I can still get damn close without it scaring me

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
+1 for this. The psi is perfect for mild jobs.

However there is a foam gun attachment for it unless I’m misunderstanding you. I have this attachment

Yeah, the Ryobi stuff would def. work. I was referring to the third party ones you can get on Amazon and detail websites. Those will not work.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
+1 and $60 off the Powerstroke w/ Yamaha engine right now.

Ram1984

Reaction score
I’ve got a 3300 psi Pressure Pro with a Honda GX engine . I am able to turn down power output on it, so it works very well cleaning vehicles or power washing the house.

REBEL 2.0

Reaction score
Out here on the FARM it’s the diesel fired hot water pressure washer. Still a little too cold here in Alberta to get it out but I think it’s about 3000 psi -3 gal/min-230 degrees. Sometimes I am blasting off mud 1’’ thick imbedded with gravel

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I purchased the Yamaha 3100 psi model today. Like wildh24 said, Costco has an awesome return policy if it turns out to be a turd. Regardless, I won’t be using high pressure on the paint as I tend to like the paint on my truck...

I looked at the exact same one. I was afraid that it would remove paint and I didn't know if the power was adjustable. I was told stay under 2000psi for car washing. How did you go about washing your truck and still have the paint on there?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I looked at the exact same one. I was afraid that it would remove paint and I didn't know if the power was adjustable. I was told stay under 2000psi for car washing. How did you go about washing your truck and still have the paint on there?
I don’t know about this particular one, but usually the come with a few different nozzles. It’s not all about the power. Having a bigger hole nozzle will diffuse the power and make it where you cannot damage things. Even my little 1600 electric will damage paint if you have a zero-degree nozzle. It will also damage skin. In absence of a larger nozzle, you can control by keeping the wand farther from the paint, but this takes practice, so the having a a larger nozzle is the ticket. You can get different ones on AMZ, HD, Lowes, etc. They usually come in zero degree (most concentrated), 25, 40, and soap (wide open), as well as “turbo”, which is a zero deg that spins when pressure is applied. This gives you a bigger swath with zero degree pressure.

Cheers,

swarggs

Reaction score
Out here on the FARM it’s the diesel fired hot water pressure washer. Still a little too cold here in Alberta to get it out but I think it’s about 3000 psi -3 gal/min-230 degrees. Sometimes I am blasting off mud 1’’ thick imbedded with gravel
Hotsy? Use one of these on heating oil delivery trucks every weekend (and my truck - you know, since I'm already there). Amazing what a difference some heat makes.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hotsy? Use one of these on heating oil delivery trucks every weekend (and my truck - you know, since I'm already there). Amazing what a difference some heat makes.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I know that’s what we run on the farm. When you have a lot of BIG equipment to clean, you need the heat, pressure, and range.

Users who are viewing this thread