5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuel Eco reset?

19reb

How do you reset the average economy on these trucks? Can't find it anywhere. Took me a minutes just to find the trip computer. It's in the stereo now, under NAV.

I searched and couldn't find it. Of course, I probably didn't use the right search terms. But still didn't find it on here or Google.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: The solution is to setup your "Favorite Menus" in your center display settings. Once you have the "favorite menus" setup, you'll be able to see them when you scroll up or down between displays.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich

Reaction score
Just go to your fuel economy display on the dash, then press and HOLD the OK button for a few seconds until it resets.

There's one for Trip A and one for Trip B. So far I've been keeping Trip B and not resetting it to see the lifetime MPG of my truck vs. Trip A which I reset for each tank of fuel.

19reb

Just go to your fuel economy display on the dash, then press and HOLD the OK button for a few seconds until it resets.

There's one for Trip A and one for Trip B. So far I've been keeping Trip B and not resetting it to see the lifetime MPG of my truck vs. Trip A which I reset for each tank of fuel.

I don't have that. Any of it.

For clarification, my truck is a 2019 Rebel 12.

SColang22

Reaction score
I don't have that. Any of it.

For clarification, my truck is a 2019 Rebel 12.
you don't have a display next to your speedometer? you should have a 7 inch display there. post a pic

19reb

Yeah, I've got the center display. There is no option for fuel eco reset on the center display or in the Uconnect settings. I've even moved my average eco and current eco all over the center display to see if it gives me a reset option - no dice. No reset option for fuel eco with it on the top, bottom, center, right or left.

I've owned several RAM trucks and know how to make this happen on the 2018 and below in the center display. My truck has the 12" screen and they changed some things, I guess. Like the trip computer - it's now in Uconnect under NAV. You hit the "Information" button in the NAV screen and it'll show you your trip info with an option to reset. Apparently, this is still in the center display on trucks with the 8.4 and below screens. Not really sure.

SColang22

Reaction score
Yeah, I've got the center display. There is no option for fuel eco reset on the center display or in the Uconnect settings. I've even moved my average eco and current eco all over the center display to see if it gives me a reset option - no dice. No reset option for fuel eco with it on the top, bottom, center, right or left.

For further clarification - I've owned several RAM trucks and know how to make this happen on the 2018 and below. My truck has the 12" screen and they changed some things, I guess.
so holding the OK button didn't reset it? I have the same display and holding OK will reset it. You have the use the arrows until you get to fuel economy on the main 7" display and then press and hold okay until it resets. There isn't an actual button to scroll over called reset

SColang22

Reaction score

I've owned several RAM trucks and know how to make this happen on the 2018 and below in the center display. My truck has the 12" screen and they changed some things, I guess. Like the trip computer - it's now in Uconnect under NAV. You hit the "Information" button in the NAV screen and it'll show you your trip info with an option to reset. Apparently, this is still in the center display on trucks with the 8.4 and below screens. Not really sure.
That's real annoying to get to.

19reb

OK. I found it. I just needed to play with the settings a little more.

I had to set up my "Favorite Menus". I set them to trip and fuel. So now I can see all of it on the center display and can reset it all also.

19reb

I still haven't got my owners manual from the dealer. That probably would have helped.

Thanks for the help, fellas.

SColang22

Reaction score
OK. I found it. I just needed to play with the settings a little more.

I had to set up my "Favorite Menus". I set them to trip and fuel. So now I can see all of it on the center display and can reset it all also.
That's annoying to get to. They should have just left it on the 7" display. I didn't want to pay for all the extras that came with the 12" screen so I'm doing it myself but if it changes a lot of stuff like that I might not

19reb

That's annoying to get to. They should have just left it on the 7" display. I didn't want to pay for all the extras that came with the 12" screen so I'm doing it myself but if it changes a lot of stuff like that I might not

It's a lot more annoying than it used to be. It's still on the center 7" display. Just have to setup your favorite menus in settings. Mine weren't and I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to the center display settings. That's alright, though, cause if any other slacker(like me) has this problem, the solution is in the OP.

SColang22

Reaction score
It's a lot more annoying than it used to be. It's still on the center 7" display. Just have to setup your favorite menus in settings. Mine weren't and I guess I just didn't pay enough attention to the center display settings. That's alright, though, cause if any other slacker(like me) has this problem, the solution is in the OP.
is there anything else that changed? I might not waste the money on the screen then. I was only doing it for the Map. You can pick a screen up for $650 on moparamerica

19reb

I can see trip and fuel in the center display now. So I don't think anything has changed. Except the "Favorite Menus" option in the center display settings. This 12" screen sure is fun and really cool to look at. The split screen is very useful in my opinion.

SColang22

Reaction score
I can see trip and fuel in the center display now. So I don't think anything has changed. Except the "Favorite Menus" option in the center display settings. This 12" screen sure is fun and really cool to look at. The split screen is very useful in my opinion.
Yea I just gotta see if its a plug and play or if I need a different computer behind it before I pull the trigger. I just didn't want all the extras in the package.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The manual is available for download
I still haven't got my owners manual from the dealer. That probably would have helped.

Thanks for the help, fellas.
from the ram site

Users who are viewing this thread