5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What tools are in your truck washing cabinet?

ram1500BH

Reaction score
Most specifically what brushes, if any, are you using to reach those tall, hard to reach spots...but I am also interested in what else everyone has in their cabinet. Tire cleaners/interior/touch screen cleaner/etc. etc. Lets hear it!

bigdaddymac

Reaction score

Just recently swapped over to the Chemical Guys products and I am very impressed. Of course I still have some Meguiars to use up and a few Meguiars go-to products I won’t give up. For the middle of the roof I have a soft bristled brush with bristles all around on a broomstick.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
Love Meguiars stuff. Microfiber mitts for me, no brushes on the paint. Plenty of good detail guys on the tube. Dallas paint correction, Pan the organizer and Ammo NYC among them.

WasatchBack

Reaction score
Mostly Sonax, Menzerna, but some of everything mixed in. I keep my ceramic/ nano products elsewhere indoors.

Attachments

• IMG_20190414_175615.jpg
    IMG_20190414_175615.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20190414_175517.jpg
    IMG_20190414_175517.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 44

Lize

Reaction score
That's how I wash all my vehicles. Dry quickly with Absorber towels. 2 bucket method never made sense to me.
Also a big fan of Zaino products. Been using them for 15 years with great results.
I don't know why I hadn't thought to do this before, seems far better than buckets. Might be to do with the different microfibre cloths I used (as had a bag of them) but the soap was far thicker and smoother than the usual heavily watered down bucket stuff and seemed to glide over the panels very nicely. Think it rinses more easily and looks a bit better too. Will do this all the time and use the buckets for something else!

ABQ Mike

Reaction score
I have a pressure washer, various quick detail sprays and things for touch up, then for hard core its a Dewalt variable speed buffer and 3M products for waxes and brushes. Ive used them on my prior BMWs and lighter colored cars, but since this truck is black, and I dont have experience with the quality of Dodge paint, I will be proceeding with caution and going very slow/light at first.

I have an abundance of the Costco micro fiber cloths and such as well :)

NWRogue

Reaction score
I'm old and lazy, I have a guy. Does amazing work, way better than I would do if I did it myself.

Slumlord

Reaction score
I use mostly Adam's and Chemical Guy's, they both make good stuff. All though for a quick detailer Meguiar's Quick Wax is awesome.

Sherran

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has spent way too much money on detailing tools/products. I was hesitant buying a black truck but must say I absolutely LOVE cleaning her. She gets a full exterior and interior clean about twice a month (even if she doesn't need it lol). I watch a lot of detailers on YouTube like The Detail Geek, Auto Fanatic, Chromatic Auto Detailing, Car Craft Auto Detailing (does very good comparisons). List below is my must haves but doesn't even touch the surface of my arsenal

Reaching the roof of my truck is a pain for me so I use this:

I use two of these to dry the truck and prevent water spots (throw these in the wash before using them to get rid of any loose lint):

These microfiber mits to do contact washes: (I have blue for paint and green for wheels)

We have a lot of black trim on our trucks so I use this to prevent it from fading - I apply it every wash but I don't think it's necessary to do so that often:

I use waffle weave towels to prevent any streaking on the windows:

Dog Hair? No problemo:

These brushes are a little expensive. I use them for the grille/emblems and I haven't added any swirls/scratches to the paint:

Slumlord

Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has spent way too much money on detailing tools/products. I was hesitant buying a black truck but must say I absolutely LOVE cleaning her. She gets a full exterior and interior clean about twice a month (even if she doesn't need it lol). I watch a lot of detailers on YouTube like The Detail Geek, Auto Fanatic, Chromatic Auto Detailing, Car Craft Auto Detailing (does very good comparisons). List below is my must haves but doesn't even touch the surface of my arsenal

Reaching the roof of my truck is a pain for me so I use this:

Thanks for sharing, I'll definitely be picking up the wash mitt on the handle thing. Even on my step latter I have a hard time reaching the top of the truck and doing the back glass without getting in the bed.

Users who are viewing this thread