5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Speaker Replacement Hamonic Hum Noise Problem

Mad Mike

Reaction score
Hello. I'm replacing my 2019 Ram Crew Cab (OEM non-Alpine) speakers with the Kicker replacement kit. I have replaced the front speakers (doors and dash) so far.

I'm getting a moderately loud harmonic noise coming out of all speakers at low RPMs and deceleration. It's like a semi loud drone that only happens when driving. Not at idle and not in park when reved.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Thank you.

Last edited:

Chrisdp23

Reaction score
Mike,
How does the stock radio sound now that you upgraded the speakers. I was looking to do the same thing but was a little leery with just the basic 6 speaker radio set up. Also what speakers did you use?

Thanks
Chirs

Mad Mike

Reaction score
Mike,
How does the stock radio sound now that you upgraded the speakers. I was looking to do the same thing but was a little leery with just the basic 6 speaker radio set up. Also what speakers did you use?

Thanks
Chirs

I went with the Kicker kit for the Ram. Two sets of 6x9s and a set of 3.5s. However, I think you could use any brand of the same size.

They are very bright and crystal clear. The treble and mids are very pronounced. The bass isn’t quite as much as I’d like, but overall a HUGE improvement over stock.

The install was pretty easy after figuring what to do with first panel. The cable for the lever was tricky until I realized there tabs that need to be pressed in on the plastic part of the cable where it connects to the inside panel.

Overall, as an economical solution, I would recommend replacing the stock speakers. Thought stock sounded decent until I replaced them.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread