5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keyless Entry Question

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone else have odd consistency issues with keyless entry?

It works about 75% of the time, but 25% I get to the door, grab the handle and the horn just honks. No unlocking. It won't matter where the key is in my pocket. I have to take the fob it and use the button.

Thoughts?

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have the dealer test your RF module; this module also controls the LF function of fob proximity detection.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. Where is that module located out of curiosity.

jtnish

Reaction score
Easy enough to get to.
I was having the same problem. The cable with the pink connector had come off. It's been flawless for a couple of days now.
a30d83cc77a4b907eeffa1518ca7037a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was having the same problem. The cable with the pink connector had come off. It's been flawless for a couple of days now.

Thanks for picture! I'll give that a look. I did some work on that back wall so might have bumped it.

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score

When you had problems, did it work sometimes but not others or did it just not work altogether?

Any troubles starting the vehicle? (I have none).

jtnish

Reaction score
When you had problems, did it work sometimes but not others or did it just not work altogether?

Any troubles starting the vehicle? (I have none).
My key fob would only work from the rear doors back, not from the front. And the truck would only start with the key fob in the back seat. If it was in the front the truck would say "no key fob detected".

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My key fob would only work from the rear doors back, not from the front. And the truck would only start with the key fob in the back seat. If it was in the front the truck would say "no key fob detected".

Interesting. I don't have a problem with it starting. Just the occasional door entry. It's not all the time... Maybe ever 5th time. Won't work until I open it with the remote fob button. Then next time it works again. I'll have to try the other side and being closer to the rear.

Mile High Magic

Reaction score
Interesting. I don't have a problem with it starting. Just the occasional door entry. It's not all the time... Maybe ever 5th time. Won't work until I open it with the remote fob button. Then next time it works again. I'll have to try the other side and being closer to the rear.

Thread resurrection time! I'm having a very similar issue - lock button on driver door (black button) only locks the truck about 25% of the time. If I stand there and push hard on the black button a few times, seems to lock every time.

Also, not sure if it was happening with yours, but I have an issue with outside temperature: if my truck sits out on a hot day (90 plus degrees, according to the temp gauge), driver and passenger front windows won't roll down (rears will), and "blind spot system temporarily not working" or something similar, comes on, until the temp goes down.

Users who are viewing this thread