5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bull bars?

bohaiboy

Reaction score
I want a guard to protect my truck and me when doing 75 on a freeway and a deer comes across the road. These do nothing. Any suggestions?

bohaiboy

Reaction score
The only thing that can withstand a deer hit would be a full bumper replacement with grill guard. Like Ranchhand bumpers. They generally don’t make them for 1500’s because they are pretty heavy on the front end.
https://www.ranchhand.com/front-bumper-fbd101blr.html
Thanks Jam. And based on the ones I have seen that are available, either the grill is protected or the headlights are protected, but not both. Think I will spend money elsewhere,

AndreiV

Reaction score
I just ordered SS TAC bull bar. Will do post installation pictures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-11-17-22-03~2.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-11-17-22-03~2.png
    598.3 KB · Views: 130

AndreiV

Reaction score
You would think they would but they don't , and actually increase the amount of damage to the vehicle that they are installed on in an accident, especialy low speed accidents.
Interesting enough there plenty deon both sides about
You would think they would but they don't , and actually increase the amount of damage to the vehicle that they are installed on in an accident, especialy low speed accidents.
There is really no real world crash testing for different size bull bars for different speeds. Sure, can see argument going both ways. Plus the looks. All personal preferences juat like lifts and tire sizes, etc.

AndreiV

Reaction score
Since I have no sensors I have a unique opportunity to make my truck to look unique. And if i dont like the look of it, i will just take it off. It was only $136+tax and worth trying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online