5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did you do to your Ram today???

RAM805

Reaction score
Hey y'all! A few updates on my '19 Bighorn ...

Got a set of Rebel wheels with Goodyear Duratracs (which ended up howling like banshees) - replaced tires with BFG KO2's (nice and quiet). ReadyLift front level rides and handles great. Added OEM RAM front and rear mud/splash guards and rear wheelhouse liners. Added the Infotainment power folding mirror kit (expen$ive!) and they work perfect. Took her off-roading yesterday at Hungry Valley SVRA at Gorman - it was a blast! $5 for the day - 19,000 acres and 130 miles of trails from easy to impossible - I made a wrong turn and ended up way up a canyon I should have not gone up. Since backing out was gonna be a nightmare I had to do an 18 point U turn which didn't go as planned and damaged my front and rear bumpers :-( ... but they can be fixed ... my dog and I made it into the canyon and most importantly OUT of a bad situation. Thank God.

IMG_3388.jpg
IMG_3423.jpg IMG_3440.jpg IMG_3439.jpg IMG_3443.jpg

MG99

Ram Guru
Reaction score
View attachment 18485 View attachment 18486 View attachment 18487 View attachment 18488

I’m having similar issues with my Mopar hard tri fold (made by Bak). Don’t think there’s too many covers out there fully water tight. Rain gets in up by the cab, need more weatherstripping in the corners. Rain gets in by the tailgate (pics) because the water rolls off the end of the rails into the bed. Rails seem too short, although any longer and they’d impede closing of the gate. Also rain is dripping through the rails onto the wheel well, which must be a defect in manufacturing because there’s no other explanation (pics).

On a previous thread someone suggested contacting Bak to send new rails bc he had same issue and they said it shouldn’t do that over the wheel wells.

I will add some foam at some point as mentioned above (thanks for that) and more weather stripping by the bulkhead.

Took more pics of the (continued) problem areas that allow rain into the bed.

Rebel03

Reaction score
Hooked up a work cargo trailer after some work this weekend. Trailers pretty loaded, but pulled nicely. Tow Haul definitely runs the rpms higher than I'm used to versus my previous turbo'd truck.

IMG_20190310_190753841_HDR.jpg

Nick54

Reaction score

stevj

Reaction score
On a clear day, I can see Seattle from my house.
This lesson learned is from the "Don't Do What Steve Just Did" pile.
Well. There I was, changing the oil for a run to California in a couple days, and thought I'd better fill the washer fluid reservoir as well.
Flipped open the lid and commenced to finish off a bottle, about a cup, into the tank.
Before I cracked the seal on the other gallon bottle I had standing by and poured it in, figured I'd look down into the tank to see how much more it would hold.
So I grabbed a flashlight and, after getting that pesky dipstick out the way, peered inside.
Holy crap there was orange fluid looking back at me. Strange. I had just put blue washer fluid in there.
Well, as you all know, the washer fluid is on the driver side, and coolant fill is on the passenger side.
They both have yellow caps. I wasn't thinking clearly, apparently.
Went to my local Ram dealership and picked up a $28 bottle of their juice and after purging and flushing the coolant overflow bottle, put real coolant in it.
I need an orange cap for the coolant bottle so I can tell them apart more easier.
That's what I did to my Ram today.
Dangit!

Steve

FirstTimeRamDriver

Reaction score
Well. There I was, changing the oil for a run to California in a couple days, and thought I'd better fill the washer fluid reservoir as well.
Flipped open the lid and commenced to finish off a bottle, about a cup, into the tank.
Before I cracked the seal on the other gallon bottle I had standing by and poured it in, figured I'd look down into the tank to see how much more it would hold.
So I grabbed a flashlight and, after getting that pesky dipstick out the way, peered inside.
Holy crap there was orange fluid looking back at me. Strange. I had just put blue washer fluid in there.
Well, as you all know, the washer fluid is on the driver side, and coolant fill is on the passenger side.
Went to my local Ram dealership and picked up a $28 bottle of their juice and after purging and flushing the coolant overflow bottle, put real coolant in it.
I need an orange cap for the coolant bottle so I can tell them apart more easier.
That's what I did to my Ram today.
Dangit!

Steve

O man, thanks for sharing, I am taking a permanent marker and marking it right now... I do at times get the orange fluid for windshield reservoir

pber1

Reaction score
Just picked up my Laramie sport! One of very few in CA!!

Put new wheels and tires, Nitto Ridge with fuel wheel.

Window Tint including windshield sun brow.

Borla Exhaust slapped on this morning!

All black badges

She’s a beauty.
8945f2200f7331d5f4f4330b45814ccd.jpg
b73c79ff9275f07ef8157d17f1c18d30.jpg
5910acb89d6bf348f22d385d76e9110a.jpg
77b942640dbc5056a288a46cfdf8fcbe.jpg
3e76c4384f368c1c44a63cb482d52244.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live in Santa Rosa and I’ve only seen 4 2019’s up here. To my knowledge I’m the only one with a lifted 2019 in the north bay.

Pressgrove

Reaction score

I did the same to my son's Lincoln LS, only I put it in the power steering reservoir. The entire engine compartment in that car was covered with this pretty (non-functional) black plastic shroud that just had fill caps sticking up through it (also all black). I used a suction pump with a long length of 1/4" plastic tubing to suck it all out. then refilled it with PS fluid. Drove it, sucked it out, refilled it, drove it............ three times until I was confident a got it all. What a PITA. I am VERY careful now (although I thought I was being careful then too :rolleyes:)

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think we have all done something like that. It only takes a second of daydreaming or distraction and BOOM, your screwed!

Bhbdvm

Reaction score
Spent the afternoon detailing the truck. Really took my time. Interior deep clean, Pressure wash rinse, spray cannon clean, removed old wax, light clay bar, rinse, dry and then applied F11 topcoat. Had some friends that had good results with F11 so I decided to give it a try as well. Think I was out there 4 hours. Enjoy every minute of it. My wife calls it a sickness.. Y'all understand me, right?
d56a6002ae4781cc510e17277ae253f8.jpg
3800ccd9f07bcf5fc77f4b1e145480bf.jpg
2abe7e935980f3abf5a4a93b60ffc7cf.jpg
3c587d69dbaed4d38040d535ac71a171.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
We will pray for her.:)

Webbd30

Reaction score
I live in Santa Rosa and I’ve only seen 4 2019’s up here. To my knowledge I’m the only one with a lifted 2019 in the north bay.

Yes they are far and few here! Most people have to order them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread