5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Uconnect remote app commands not working after a while

Rocky

Reaction score
Jumping in to report that I'm having the same issue - I had been thinking it was about 30 minutes after the last time I drove it that it stops working, but it certainly could be the 2-4 hours that everyone else is reporting. If anyone is collecting firmware numbers or anything I'm happy to contribute, but I have no intention to call Sirius, as it seems to just be a complete waste of time.

macallien

Reaction score
Ok! So I have stuck with the SiriusXm app and deleted the UCONNECT app from my iphone. So far, I've done 3 a day for the last three days, vehicle locator request and all have been successful. It takes about 2-3 minutes to update location once I prompt for it. The truck is getting some mods done and i suspect that for most of the day it is in ACC ON (ignition wise) at the shop. I will try late tonight 5 hours after they close the shop and see what happens (validate or negate the after 4 hour theory). Will post back.

Note that before when switching between apps I had spotty success doing this.

macallien

Reaction score
Ok! So I have stuck with the SiriusXm app and deleted the UCONNECT app from my iphone. So far, I've done 3 a day for the last three days, vehicle locator request and all have been successful. It takes about 2-3 minutes to update location once I prompt for it. The truck is getting some mods done and i suspect that for most of the day it is in ACC ON (ignition wise) at the shop. I will try late tonight 5 hours after they close the shop and see what happens (validate or negate the after 4 hour theory). Will post back.

Note that before when switching between apps I had spotty success doing this.

Still working and truck is sitting lonely and locked at the shop for at least 5 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macallien

Reaction score
Still working and truck is sitting lonely and locked at the shop for at least 5 hours.

Still working after overnight shutdown

BlackSophie

Reaction score
Update to my previous post concerning the Gateway Module...
The part had to be ordered. So far no word from the dealer. I’ve been out of town for the last week and unable to coordinate. On Monday I will call and inquire. Thanks for all the posts. Given all the symptoms and conditions observed, we should eventually be able to drill down to the cause. I told Sirius rep that their problem solvers should log into this forum and read the posts for themselves. I’m getting worn out from repeating the problem/ symptoms/ conditions to every new rep I talk to.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Update to my previous post concerning the Gateway Module...
The part had to be ordered. So far no word from the dealer. I’ve been out of town for the last week and unable to coordinate. On Monday I will call and inquire. Thanks for all the posts. Given all the symptoms and conditions observed, we should eventually be able to drill down to the cause. I told Sirius rep that their problem solvers should log into this forum and read the posts for themselves. I’m getting worn out from repeating the problem/ symptoms/ conditions to every new rep I talk to.
Thanks for the update. I too am exhausted repeatedly explaining the issue to Sirius and Mopar people. RamCares monitors this forum and can easily push for some resolution given the amount of people experiencing the problem. It's so disappointing having a free trial for something that doesn't even work.

TrackDay

Reaction score
I've been dealing with just 1 person at Uconnect for 2 months now but my main focus is my dealer and the STAR case. The service manager is getting a zone rep involved.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone working on this. I just about given up calling. The people at Sirius are just clueless.

UConnectSucks

Reaction score
I am also experiencing this problem with my 2019 1500 Classic. I’ve only had it a few weeks but I noticed the problem right away. In my case UConnect seems to no longer work after the truck has been off for 15-30 minutes. Sirius and the dealer have not been helpful at all.

I have to park about a 5 minute walk from where I work, so I was really looking forward to having UConnect to start it on cold days. Needless to say, it has been a huge disappointment.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Got a call today from my Uconnect case manager. She finally found someone at FCA who replied this is a known issue that is being worked on. A software update is being developed to prevent the truck from going to sleep. The bad news is there is no ETA, but it sounds like they know the issue finally. Step1 accomplished. :) As I learn more details (if I do) about which module is going to sleep when it shouldn't be, I'll forward on.
In addition, since this case has been open for over 2 months now, they are assigning a free oil change and tire rotation contract to my truck for 4 years (2 oil changes and rotations per year).

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Got a call today from my Uconnect case manager. She finally found someone at FCA who replied this is a known issue that is being worked on. A software update is being developed to prevent the truck from going to sleep. The bad news is there is no ETA, but it sounds like they know the issue finally. Step1 accomplished. :) As I learn more details (if I do) about which module is going to sleep when it shouldn't be, I'll forward on.
In addition, since this case has been open for over 2 months now, they are assigning a free oil change and tire rotation contract to my truck for 4 years (2 oil changes and rotations per year).
Great news.i have called many times about this with no help. I'm calling tomorrow to complain again. Do you have a case number?

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Great news.i have called many times about this with no help. I'm calling tomorrow to complain again. Do you have a case number?
I called Uconnect again today re the issue above. Of course I was told they never heard of the problem and would escalate the case and I would get a callback. Unreal. This has been going on since my first complaint in September.

TrackDay

Reaction score
Guys, mine now seems to work. The truck has been shut down for 24 hours now and I just did a remote lock and GPS locate and both passed. It even responds quicker to saying there might be up to a 30 second delay and then finishes pretty quickly. I'm encouraged, but I'm out of town for a week, so it's a good test. I'll test at least once each day.
I was told the truck would receive some over the air software updates that should fix the "go to sleep issue". Seems like something has happened.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Guys, mine now seems to work. The truck has been shut down for 24 hours now and I just did a remote lock and GPS locate and both passed. It even responds quicker to saying there might be up to a 30 second delay and then finishes pretty quickly. I'm encouraged, but I'm out of town for a week, so it's a good test. I'll test at least once each day.
I was told the truck would receive some over the air software updates that should fix the "go to sleep issue". Seems like something has happened.
No parts were ever changed correct? Maybe it was a software update. I advised my dealership service manager. I'll check into the status of mine and report back.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Tried mine this morning, no go. I am on vacation this week down in Florida. What a great ride down, the truck preformed well, averaged 19 mpg's. Very comfortable highway cruiser.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tried mine this morning, no go. I am on vacation this week down in Florida. What a great ride down, the truck preformed well, averaged 19 mpg's. Very comfortable highway cruiser.
Yeah I'm not getting my hopes up that it's going to work for me either.

TrackDay

Reaction score
No parts changed. I'm trying to find out if they might have sent an update to me based on my open case.
I just tried the app again and it locked the truck. I'm now about 48 hours since key off.

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No parts changed. I'm trying to find out if they might have sent an update to me based on my open case.
I just tried the app again and it locked the truck. I'm now about 48 hours since key off.
I'm jealous. I left a message for my service manager about your situation and hope to hear something back tomorrow. I'll let you know.

BlackSophie

Reaction score
Okay. The SGM module was installed by the dealer. This was supposedly the fix to the gateway module acting as a firewall to deny remote signals to the truck. I went home and waited about an hour. Much to my dismay, my first attempt to remote start the truck failed. So I called Sirius and explained the situation (for the fifth time). The rep explained that the dealer, after replacing the SGM module "probably" did not reset the data base. This was proven false because the rep sent an UNLOCK signal.... and it worked. Then I sent a START command and it worked! Can't explain this. I did not have time to follow up because I had to go out of town for a few days on business. Today was the first time that I could follow up. After multiple attempts, I am back to the original pattern of failure. If the truck has not experienced an ignition event in the previous 35 to 40 minutes the remote (Uconnect) functions will not respond. I have another idea that I am going to attempt tomorrow. I really hope TrackDay has found the solution with the software update.

Laramiepete

Reaction score
Me too, but we don't even know for sure if TrackDay received a software update. Plus how are we supposed to receive this update if our trucks are not receiving the signals after being shut off for a 1/2 hour or more? This needs to be a TSB and probably installed at the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread