5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Price negotiated from MSRP

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I also, took the 0% 72 option along with 1% below invoice through employer affiliate. I was told at time of order, that it was protected and if at time of delivery, if the incentives changed to be superior to 0%, I could take that road instead. I took delivery on 1/31, signing the installment contract for 0% for 72 mos. They slapped on the 20 day temp plates and out the door in an hour. I called yesterday about my plates and was told that there is an “issue on their end with the 0% and the dealer has a policy not to proceed with the registration until they are funded by Chrysler Cap.” Said they are working on it and not to worry. Gave me a dealer plate for the meantime so I can continue driving.
Checking the disclosures on Chrysler cap, it seems the 0% 72 is for DS model. There is a 0%60 for DT model. HOWEVER, both say for existing inventory only. Although, I think because, my build was listed as dealer ordered, that should cover it. But the DT/DS classification seems to be the issue. I’m not going to say anything to them about this (they can suss out their own incompetence). I wonder if you will encounter the same when you take delivery.

So you were also told byt your dealer that the 0% for 72 months was order protected when you ordered in back in December? Did you happen to get that in writting as well?

And you are currently driving with dealer tags? Did you put a deposit down when you ordered? Did you pay anything addtional when you picked it up?

Please keep me posted on any addtional developments. Thank you ver much for your reply.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I never thought about financing through the automaker and always gone with teachers Federal credit Union which have had the lowest rate but 0% is 0%. What a 2019 1500 Ram Limited PA vehicle that would qualify? so it's a straight up 0% financing if you financed through them on a 72 or 60 month loan? Are there any requirements or fine print to worry about. What is the DT and DS you're referring to?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think, you teachers Federal credit Union has 2.99% 60 months and 3.2%for 72.

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
I never thought about financing through the automaker and always gone with teachers Federal credit Union which have had the lowest rate but 0% is 0%. What a 2019 1500 Ram Limited PA vehicle that would qualify? so it's a straight up 0% financing if you financed through them on a 72 or 60 month loan? Are there any requirements or fine print to worry about. What is the DT and DS you're referring to?

The DS model refers to the 1500 Classic and DT is the all-new 2019 1500.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
So you were also told byt your dealer that the 0% for 72 months was order protected when you ordered in back in December? Did you happen to get that in writting as well?

And you are currently driving with dealer tags? Did you put a deposit down when you ordered? Did you pay anything addtional when you picked it up?

Please keep me posted on any addtional developments. Thank you ver much for your reply.
Yes. In Dec, after building the order, the sales manager, provided me a copy of the finance structure page that outlined 2 quotes to compare. One was for the 0%72 and with no incentives. the other quote was 5.99% 72mos with $1500 rebate offered at that time. Both quotes included the FFP price. I do not recall or have anything in writing about honoring the terms. Other than the fact that we both signed the finance contract at delivery.
Put $1k down at order and $15k cash at delivery. No trade.
Still got the dealer tags! On top of that, I leave for a 2 week business trip to Austria next Monday. So unless this gets resolved by Sat. not sure what’s going to happen.

Last edited:

Brandon_Vickers

Reaction score
Yes. In Dec, after building the order, the sales manager, provided me a copy of the finance structure page that outlined 2 quotes to compare. One was for the 0%72 and with no incentives. the other quote was 5.99% 72mos with $1500 rebate offered at that time. Both quotes included the FFP price. I do not recall or have anything in writing about honoring the terms. Other than the fact that we both signed the finance contract at delivery.
Put $1k down at order and $15k cash at delivery. No trade.
Still got the dealer tags! On top of that, I leave for a 2 week business trip to Austria next Monday. So unless this gets resolved by Sat. not sure what’s going to happen.

Thanks and good luck! ...and enjoy your trip.

Andoskyy

Reaction score
What options did you get with an MSRP of 64. Closing on my negotiations today and build one that came in at 68-69

I didn't get e-torque, the 22's or the ramboxes, so that's about $4.5k right there.

Didn't want the 22's because of ride quality and dont like the looks of ramboxes.

It was also really hard to find one without the trailer tow group. I think most dealers thought it was the actual tow package, when in reality it's the brake controller and bigger mirrors that don't power fold and also eliminate the 360 degree camera.

rhill

Reaction score
Usually based a certain sub model's slow sales, then they jack up dealer discounts, rebates and incentive to get them moving. The big hitter in January was the Bighorn, there were over 14,000.00 in rebates, + whatever dealer discount above $3000.00 you could get. They even had a FCA lease it and get $4,000.00 off. Timing is everything and they seem to change and add different quite frequently.

The best dealer discounts and rebates are going to be on 2018's. The dealers are desperate to move them. My son wants a 2019 challenger white/black stripes, Local dealer had a 2018 silver one with all the options that he wanted in 2019, except the 2019 new hood, hellcat wheels and blacktop pack.age.

They were begging us to make any offer, they were so desperate to move the car. My son want a 2019 and white. So it did not matter.

Dont know if having ALL new RAM 2500 is important or not. The other thing I found interesting is all the Foreign-made pickup trucks are subject to a 25% import tariff, yet all the trucks cost around the same price for import or domestic. So there is even more markup/profit in domestic products.
Foreign trucks only pay the 25% tariff if they are not made in USA, Mexico , or Canada. There are no "foreign" trucks that I know of that' is imported from abroad that pays the tariff. Nissan and Toyota are either made here or in Mexico.

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I didn't get e-torque, the 22's or the ramboxes, so that's about $4.5k right there.

Didn't want the 22's because of ride quality and dont like the looks of ramboxes.

It was also really hard to find one without the trailer tow group. I think most dealers thought it was the actual tow package, when in reality it's the brake controller and bigger mirrors that don't power fold and also eliminate the 360 degree camera.

I made an oranges to tangerines comparison - I drove a crew cab 5.7' box Limited with the 22" wheels, and a crew cab 6.4' box Limited with the 20s. I preferred the ride of the 22s, to be honest.

I think the new air suspension is so smooth that wheel size is more aesthetics than function for on-road use.

-John

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at hey limited with the short box and rambox has I have an avalanche with the saddlebags and in my opinion they're the best thing in my pickup I put so much stuff in there that doesn't roll around the bed like compressor hoses water pumps fresh water bladders for the camper tool box straps for surfboards you name it. I'm thinking I will do the 20in tires because I take it on the beach pulling a camper so I have to hair down not sure how airing down on the 22s would be since there's not much tire to them. Although the rims do look nicer on the 22s it needs to be more of a beach truck than a Escalade looking truck

RockJock

Reaction score

Jr2121

Reaction score
Ok, I’m probably over analyzing at this point, but I guess if you partake in forums like this, there’s a good chance that’s what we’re all doing, right?
I’ve got a new deal on the table. I’ll have to drive about 5 hours for this deal, so want to get it correct.
Pretty loaded Limited: 4x4, ramboxes, hemi, anti-lock, sunroof, level 1, bed step, 22’s.
Msrp - $68,200
“Quoted” Invoice - $62,351
Dealer Price - $57,986
+ Doc Prep - $180
+ Wheel Lock & Prep - $200
Total OTD - $58,375
I get to take rebates off that when it arrives.
Couple questions:
1) How’s that deal sound?
2) what the heck is the lock & prep? Should I ask for it to be removed?
3) what are people’s success/opinion/strategy on asking for extras?
I’m thinking front window tint, throwing in accessories, etc? If you do it, when? Wait until it arrives and you go to pick it up? Upfront before ordering?
Also, what are people hearing for delivery times that are ordering now? He told me 6-8 weeks, but I feel like I’ve been reading forums and seeing more lead time than that.

RAMRhode

Reaction score
Ok, I’m probably over analyzing at this point, but I guess if you partake in forums like this, there’s a good chance that’s what we’re all doing, right?
I’ve got a new deal on the table. I’ll have to drive about 5 hours for this deal, so want to get it correct.
Pretty loaded Limited: 4x4, ramboxes, hemi, anti-lock, sunroof, level 1, bed step, 22’s.
Msrp - $68,200
Dealer Price - $57,986
+ Doc Prep - $180
Total OTD - $58,375
Couple questions:
I’m thinking front window tint, throwing in accessories, etc? If you do it, when? Wait until it arrives and you go to pick it up? Upfront before ordering?
Also, what are people hearing for delivery times that are ordering now? He told me 6-8 weeks, but I feel like I’ve been reading forums and seeing more lead time than that.
1) Not bad! Depending if you finance or not. If you do for 0% 60mo or 72 mo. then you will not qualify for rebates. I took the 0% 72 because it saved more than the measly 1500 rebate. (But then go read my recent posts here regarding this finance).
2) They will put locking lugs on the wheels and wash, test drive, do their vehicle check (there is actually an extensive list they are supposed to follow that is on techauthority. Doubt that most do this. Also, they may top off the gas. They will pull off the protective wrap, wash, etc. All this was included in mine. Most likely built into my cost and not itemized like yours.
Depending how OCD you are about your paint, you could ask them to keep the wrap on and not wash it. Have an appointment ready at a reputable Detailer to drive straight from dealer to prep the paint, put on ceramic coating on entire truck and add some PPF on front bumper and rear wheel flares. Do Not Have Dealer do these! Same for tinting.
3) negotiate your add ons after you settled on price. Maybe 4 or 6 oil changes for free? A tonneau cover? Maybe a bed divider or RamBox dividers thrown in? Use these to “seal the deal” before you give deposit check. I’m sure others here will chime in with more ideas. Personally, I am waiting for better after market options to come in.
4) mine was 8 weeks to take delivery (and that was including the 3 week SH shutdown to retool the plant for our DT builds). It’s a crapshoot, really.
Good luck and enjoy the ride!

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Msrp - $68,200
Dealer Price - $57,986
+ Doc Prep - $180
Total OTD - $58,375
Couple questions:
Sounds about right and matches the best I was able to get. $56,995. +TTT. We have pretty much the same set up. I'll list it below.

Ordering today. I work them pretty good in my negotiating. Take all their tactics out of play. Don't all via email. I asked each dealer to give me their best price on my setup and a deadline and tell them that once I get the best price I will email everyone telling them what the best price was and give them one final time to beat it before I make the purchase. Tell them there will be no back and forth negotiating after this final chance. Some of them loved it and are very motivated knowing other dealers are chomping at the bit others say thanks but we're not going to get in a bidding war with other dealers. So it's obviously counterproductive to their tactics and it's worked well I actually got the idea from a guy who did a whole master's program in California and use this as one of his teaching projects.

Ramboxes are rarely on lots. We are in NY.

Limited
short bed
Ram boxes
eTorque
Level 1
Max Steel
Deployabke Bed Step

MSRP $68,000
Invoice $62,000
$56,995 + TTT with $3000 in bebates he says he can lock in.

Only things I did not do are eLock or Anti-slip, and skid plates. Not off reading. Only regular driving and pulling a 31' travel trailer which I pull on to the beach July-August. It's soft sand so no rocks for skid plate and not think the others would really come into play either. You just need to Air Down! Lol

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
1) Not bad! Depending if you finance or not. If you do for 0% 60mo or 72 mo. then you will not qualify for rebates. I took the 0% 72 because it saved more than the measly 1500 rebate. (But then go read my recent posts here regarding this finance).
2) They will put locking lugs on the wheels and wash, test drive, do their vehicle check (there is actually an extensive list they are supposed to follow that is on techauthority. Doubt that most do this. Also, they may top off the gas. They will pull off the protective wrap, wash, etc. All this was included in mine. Most likely built into my cost and not itemized like yours.
Depending how OCD you are about your paint, you could ask them to keep the wrap on and not wash it. Have an appointment ready at a reputable Detailer to drive straight from dealer to prep the paint, put on ceramic coating on entire truck and add some PPF on front bumper and rear wheel flares. Do Not Have Dealer do these! Same for tinting.
3) negotiate your add ons after you settled on price. Maybe 4 or 6 oil changes for free? A tonneau cover? Maybe a bed divider or RamBox dividers thrown in? Use these to “seal the deal” before you give deposit check. I’m sure others here will chime in with more ideas. Personally, I am waiting for better after market options to come in.
4) mine was 8 weeks to take delivery (and that was including the 3 week SH shutdown to retool the plant for our DT builds). It’s a crapshoot, really.
Good luck and enjoy the ride!
it's funny you say that. I was just reading about that last night rebates versus 0% through the automaker instead of teachers Federal credit Union. Credit karma has a great page explaining it all and even breaks it down with almost identical rebate situation. 0% ended up being better than the rebates if they stayed under 2000 I think above that they broke even and 2500 maybe the rebates were better. Google 0% financing and credit karma should be the first link. It's definitely worth checking out and makes it really easy to understand when it's best to do what with advantages and disadvantages

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
yes that's true about the wheel locks and unwrapping the plastic. Most of them called it dealers prep and you should ask them to take that off the price. The best analogy I heard on that was when you buy a sandwich at the deli you don't pay the guy extra to cut it and wrap it in paper so you should not be paying the dealer extra to unwrap the plastic from the seats and floor mats in your car.

How much does ceramic run on a truck. I see that talked about a lot. I am guessing the wax off the lot is not the best, it is this something only OCD truck junkies do. Not dissing. We are all them!!

1fujifilm

Reaction score
Thanks. This dealer was outside of the radius I've been searching in. They have a better price on Limiteds than I've seen in my immediate area. Looks promising. If nothing else I'll run their price by the more local dealers when I order.

Cool.
I buy new vehicles annually for persona and business and can tell you this dealer specifically drops deals like this when they have been on the lot too long (a guess is 120 days plus).
I bought my 19 Big Horn Crew 4x4 with level 2 MSRP 51.8 and received 14.2 off on black Friday week.
They had 2 exact trucks the same color, options and MSRP; but mine was $1,750 less as it was on the lot 147 days, the other 34.

Bear

RAMRhode

Reaction score
yes that's true about the wheel locks and unwrapping the plastic. Most of them called it dealers prep and you should ask them to take that off the price. The best analogy I heard on that was when you buy a sandwich at the deli you don't pay the guy extra to cut it and wrap it in paper so you should not be paying the dealer extra to unwrap the plastic from the seats and floor mats in your car.

How much does ceramic run on a truck. I see that talked about a lot. I am guessing the wax off the lot is not the best, it is this something only OCD truck junkies do. Not dissing. We are all them!!

Depends on prep work needed such as paint corrections to remove swirls, scratches, etc. Typically, wash, clay, polish. The number of coatings put on. Wheels windows extra too. Anywhere from 1 to 4. Some will cure each coat with a heat room. Some will wait 24hr between each coat. Depends on the detail owner. Another factor is your location. Miami, so cal, will be more as they usually have clientele without budgets and exotic cars.
In the end, you can expect to pay anywhere from 500 to 2000 for a truck. Usually, the higher price comes with a complete cover 4 coats and with a 7 year warranty. A place near me offers it for 1599. Craft detailing
You can also do it yourself. Check out Esotericcarcare.com....tons of info and how to vids.

Users who are viewing this thread