5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Changing/Lowering air ride heights while parking

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the air suspension system on the 2019 Rams are you able to lower them to the lowest entry-exit position while pulling into a parking space or your driveway? they seem to take 5 to 10 seconds to lower and I was wondering if you would be able to get a head start on lowering them while you're pulling in the park instead of having to park and then sit in the truck and wait while it lowers. If you could lower them while you're pulling in it would be great otherwise I don't see it being that useful to wait for it to lower just to get in and out of the truck more easily and less you are older if very small, etc.

Has anyone tried to lower (and raise) the truck when pulling in or pulling out?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
On the air suspension system on the 2019 Rams are you able to lower them to the lowest entry-exit position while pulling into a parking space or your driveway? they seem to take 5 to 10 seconds to lower and I was wondering if you would be able to get a head start on lowering them while you're pulling in the park instead of having to park and then sit in the truck and wait while it lowers. If you could lower them while you're pulling in it would be great otherwise I don't see it being that useful to wait for it to lower just to get in and out of the truck more easily and less you are older if very small, etc.

Has anyone tried to lower (and raise) the truck when pulling in or pulling out?

Works fine, you just have to be going less than 15 to enter and keep E/E mode active.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks. What do you mean keep entry-exit mode active? is it something you can set in the settings where it automatically lowers and raises? And when would that happen when you travel under 15 miles an hour? Then what happens at stop lights? I was assuming that you would have to hit the buttons as you approached your driveway if you wanted it to be lowered by the time you parked

DanSkan

Reaction score
Push the button to select entry/exit before you get to where you want to park and when you slow down to less than 15 it will start lowering. Nice feature.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Pg 626 in the manual under Engine Off Options "Auto Entry/Exit".
I didn't see this option when I went through my UConnect... I'll have to check again when I get home.

1550839544338.png

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
He's saying that if you exceed 15MPH, the truck will automatically depart ENTRY/EXIT ride height and raise itself to AERO or NORMAL ride height, depending on your air ride settings in the configuration menu.
Do you have a 2019 Ram?

Steve
Ordering one today! Yesterday was my deadline for dealers to present me their lowest offer, then one day for everyone to know what that was and one final chance to beat it before I order.

Limited
short bed
Ram boxes
eTorque
Level 1
Max Steel
Deployabke Bed Step

MSRP $68,000
Invoice $62,000
$56,995 + TTT with $3000 in bebates he says he can lock in.

Only things nit doing are eLock or Anti-slip, and skid plates. Not off reading. Only regular driving and pulling a 31' travel trailer which I pull on to the beach July-August. It's soft sand so no rocks for skid plate and not think the others would really come into play either. You just need to Air Down! Lol

U

User_6565

Pg 626 in the manual under Engine Off Options "Auto Entry/Exit".
I didn't see this option when I went through my UConnect... I'll have to check again when I get home.

View attachment 16805

I went looking for this option today as well, since I do like to lower the truck and pull in the mirrors every time I park. Nope, not there...

Users who are viewing this thread