Dealer document lists 2019 Ram 1500 MPG
We have obtained a leaked copy of a confidential document sent to Canadian dealers and have found some interesting information.
- Largest brakes in the segment at 14.9 Inches
- Strongest Ram 1500 Ever
- Best in class V8 towing at 12,750lbs
- Best in class entry level V6 horsepower at 305HP
- Best in class interior storage volume at 151 liters
- Class exclusive in floor storage
- Class exclusive adjustable rear under seat storage
- Class exclusive rear seat fold down centre console
- Largest available touch screen display (12.1 inches)
- Most powerful audio system in the segment (900w Harmon Kardon)
- Most speakers in the segment (19)
- Class exclusive Type-C USB ports
- More than 100 Safety and Security Features
- Best in class V6 highway fuel economy (27MPG)
- Best in class V6 highway driving distance (702 Miles)
- Class exclusive active air dam
- Most luxurious truck in its class
- More leather and real wood than F150 and Silverado
- Best in class rear leg room at 45.1 inches
- Class exclusive coil link rear suspension
- Best in class interior background noise dampening
- Class exclusive reclining rear seat
- Class exclusive rear seat ventilation
- Class exclusive reconfigurable centre console
We have seen a leaked dealer document and under the technology section Ram lists the V6 highway fuel economy at 27 MPG. This is a jump of 2 MPG on the highway compared to the 2018 Ram 1500 Pentastar V6 and equal to that of the EcoDiesel. The highway number is most likely increased due to aerodynamic improvements including the active front air dam and weight savings.
The active front air dam was developed by Magna International and lowers 2.5 inches when the truck reaches 35 MPH. It also features a clutch system that allows the air dam to retract if it hits anything.
While the 27 MPG highway number is impressive where we really expect the eTorque system to shine is in city driving. Offering electronic stop/start as well as a torque boost on initial acceleration from the eTorque system I don’t think it would be unrealistic to see a 2-3 MPG gain in city driving. This would put the Pentastar V6 at 19-20 MPG city and 27 MPG highway and 22-23 MPG combined. (City and combined numbers are just speculation at this point.)
Join us on the Forums and let us know what you were expecting MPG wise for the 2019 Ram 1500.